About Me

My photo
I retired on March 11th 2014 after 26 years as a doctors receptionist. I am now looking forward to the freedom to enjoy my days doing anything I wish to. Spending time with family, catching up with friends. Playing in my Scrappy Shack, scrapbooking, cardmaking, art journalling, quilting, gardening, baking. Spending wonderful times with my beloved other half. I am so looking forward to this time in my life.

Wednesday 5 October 2011

WOYWW




CHAOS REIGNS SUPREME

I am ashamed to say this is my shed:(
Since having this stupid Vertigo thing, I am unable to look up or down, if I bend over, you really don't want to know what happens!!  Typing this making me feel sick.  But I just wanted to check in and confess the sad case of craftlessness in my life.

Thanks to Julia for the pleasure of seeing amazing projects on other desks today.

PS. Blogger isn't letting me comment on Julia's blog, so I would just like to say on here,
Congratulations one 600 blog posts, thanks for a lot of entertaining and inspiring words in those posts.
Keep them coming!!



9 comments:

  1. Here's hoping you will be feeling better soon and able to tackle the craft shed without feeling sick ,headaches ect.It is nasty and can take while to clear up heres wishing you speedy recovery.Have restful wedensday and a creative week .Pop by as i have candy on offer until 26th
    hugs Judex9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sheilagh, I am in awe of your shed - Crafters paradise!

    Know what you mean about the vertigo - get very tired of people asking if I'm scared of heights!! I always have bruises on my arms cos it makes me misjudge distance and perspective, so I'm always walking into door frames instead of thru them lol!

    Keep your chin up (literally, it helps!!) and feel better soon

    debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Have you been to the doc? You may have..wait for it.. benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (bppv). There are exercises that help. Google the Epley Manoeuvre and Brandt Doroff exercises. They really helped me, though at first do make you feel really sick. There is also a drug called betahistine dihydrochloride which helps sufferers of meniere's disease. My attacks come on sudden and then go if I do the exercises, so really I should do them all the time :( Hope this helps and I haven't been telling you stuff you know already!
    Hugs, LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I loose my MoJo, I force myself to tidy. Usually by the time I get a small workable space I have to quit the tidy and make something. Hope you find yours again soon!!!
    And its okay to take a break. And Lunch Lady Jan gives good advice. Take care of you
    Love your 'shed' BTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sheilagh, vertigo is just vile - I hope you feel better very soon. Don't even think about tackling the shed till you can bend and reach..ugh. Then you'll be full of vigour and it'll be done in a jif!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your vertigo She, that's definitely a disadvantage for a crafter.

    Hugs
    Brenda 67

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sheilagh, I am so sorry the vertigo is still with you. Was coming on here to say how I hoped you were feeling much better. Will leave you with lots of positive thoughts that you are soon over this nasty bout and up and at 'em.
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shed looks like my room! I need to take a leaf from your book and sort it out. Sorry to hear about the vertigo! But since I am reading these posts backwards (duh!) I am also happy to know it's gone! Love you loads!! We MUST see each other soon! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vertigo is truly horrible and life limiting. I first started cross stitch because I had a bad dose of vertigo. I found that with a small piece of work in my hand I could work without moving my eyes. I hope you soon get back to normal. Take it gently for a while in case it returns.

    ReplyDelete