About Me

My photo
I retired on March 11th 2014 after 26 years as a doctors receptionist. I am now looking forward to the freedom to enjoy my days doing anything I wish to. Spending time with family, catching up with friends. Playing in my Scrappy Shack, scrapbooking, cardmaking, art journalling, quilting, gardening, baking. Spending wonderful times with my beloved other half. I am so looking forward to this time in my life.

Wednesday 1 August 2012

WOYWW

I have been a little remiss in attending this wonderful weekly treat, there is so much going on at the moment I cannot believe where the time goes. Anyway I am here today and if anyone pops in this is what I am up to.  I am making my first mini envelope album and I am enjoying it to a certain degree, but stressing about it also.  but that is me in a nutshell. The album is for my grandson who is going to Afghanistan in September (Where did that baby go??) I am trying to make it look like a Filofax from the 2nd WW, yes I know they didn't have them then, but the must have had something similar?

So I have chosen brown's and khaki colours and some muted masculine papers.  The photo's show the pages waiting for their hinges, here is the problem, I am rubbish at lining things up straight, so there is a strong possibility this is going to be wonky!  But hey ho, it is being made with love and that is all that matters. I am collecting photo's and messages from all close family members to put in the album so he will have us all close by while he is thousands of miles away in combat.

I did want to make it small enough for him to carry with him always, but my husband very gently advised me it would not be safe for him to carry it in case he was captured and the contents used against him. I was heart broken to think of such an eventuality and had to leave the project alone for over a week.  Then I hit upon the idea I am following now.


As you can see I am back in the kitchen, crafting, not enough workspace in the shed to spread out.

Hopefully I will be back next week, with further pictures of my progress. I have until September to get it finished.  So I am not going to rush it as is my usual trick and then everything goes pear shaped!!

Happy WOYWW.

Now scoot over to the delightful Mrs Dunnit and see some amazing sights.

Thanks for popping by.

8 comments:

  1. beautiful... you have to make a tutorial
    #45 Riya

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is looking good Sheilagh. You are so right not to rush it - not only will it be perfect when finished but you will have had a lot of enjoyment out of it too.
    Am sure he will be delighted.
    Hugs, Neet #27 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of this and hope your nephew stays safe.
    Bless him and all the other men and women!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you must be very proud to have a grandson who is wiling to risk his life in service of his country. I am sure thoughts of his loving family will carry him through the tough times he will be facing. Your book will, I am sure, be a most prized possession, and the wonkiness of pages will mean nothing compared to the love that oozes out of it.

    dx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredibly sweet and thoughtful gift for your grandson. I bet it will become one of his most treasured possessions one day.

    I'm having a giveaway, open worldwide this week. Come check it out if you get the chance!

    Amy E. #30
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you will be very busy and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so touched by your gift for your grandson and I'm sure he will treasure it. You don't look old enough to have a GS that age!
    I wish he wasn't going there but it is lovely that he will go with all those messages of how special he is and how loved. You must be so proud of him.
    Thanks for your comment Sh, we DID have such a good day, up Clithroe way!
    You should try to get to Vicky Stampers next workshop, 1st Sat Sept when I am doing a workshop of unusual magic cards. I'd love to see you!
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you can add Titch Elliot to your list of who you are... great name, it's all good fun!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete